Friday, May 11, 2007

Thoughts on the Bolder Boulder

I have 14 weeks of 40+ mi/wk training for the Bolder Boulder. I call my race strategy the General Patton strategy. Patton believed how well his army was going to do in a battle was a function of how well his soldiers were trained. In my case, I have a solid base of training with many interval sessions. However, I did not do that well at the Earth Day 4K as I only ran 7:05 min/mi and I thought I should have run sub 7. I should do better than that because I am very familiar with the BB course and I will have 4 weeks of 45 mi/wk with 10K of intervals per week. I want to run a B wave time of 44:45 that is 15 seconds faster than 2 years ago when I took 4th place out of 260. I going to try and run 7:13 min/mi for all six miles. Two years ago I ran 7:16. My real goal is to finish in the top 10 for my age group and I am on track for that. The heavy interval training is supposed to lower my 10K time by 2:30 but I don't think that will happen. I'll be very happy with lowering it :15.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Best of Luck in two weeks! I'll be there running it too, but not nearly as fast.