Saturday, August 8, 2009

Nike Lunar Glide Shoe Review

I just returned from running 5 mi at 9:12 min/mi pace on my new Nike Lunar Glide shoes. These shoes appear to be a good lightweight, moderately stable trainer for me. Cushioning is good, the toe box is roomy, and I could feel the stability inserts doing their job. It has a somewhat lower heel than other shoes and I found it easier to soften the shock of landing with my forefoot.

The Lunar Glide is a good looking shoe with a seamless upper.

I require stability shoes and currently run in Nike Nucleus for easy runs and Brooks Axiom 3 for tempos, intervals, repeats and races. The Lunar Glide is not as supportive as the Nucleus but it weighs 2-3 oz less. The comparison between the Lunar Glide and the Axiom is more subtle. They weigh about the same with the Axiom having more outside forefoot support, less heel support and a higher heel.

1 comment:

Martin said...

Great review on the new Nike Lunar Glide shoes. I would like to pick them!!