Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Base Training Complete

I was able to finish 12 weeks of base training despite all the snow. Now the National Weather Service forecasts "more than a foot of snow" for Boulder starting Thursday noon. That's just great. I've been slipping and sliding when I run outside and bored when I run on the treadmill. My heart rate got up to 159 b/m on the last two hill repeats. That is definitely anaerobic. But it was four days from the end of base training so I don't think that will hurt me. I did not run on Christmas breaking my streak at 50 consecutive days running. I'm not expecting a great deal for this week because of the snow, alcohol, and holiday food. I got in a 2 m tempo in on Tuesday, and plan on doing my hill repeats outside on Thursday morning. Then Saturday I will do my first 2 hour long run. I did my 1:50 long run last Sat on the Boulder Creek trail because it has "freeze proof" drinking fountains. They were frozen shut. I'll take my water bottle this Sat.

No comments: