Saturday, December 2, 2006

Week 9 Base Training Actual

I followed my plan every day except Thursday noon. I ran a 2 m hill workout on my treadmill instead of jogging 4 m to the base of the hill I use for repeats. I switched to the treadmill because the snow was pretty deep and the temperature was in the low twenties. To warm up I ran 1 m at 6 mph 0 incline. Then I ran .1 m at incline 6 followed by recovery of .1 m at 0 incline, five times. I may continue run treadmill hills rather than doing them outside. The treadmill took 20 min while outside would have taken 20 min just to get to the hill. To increase the stress of treadmill hills I can either add hills or increase the incline. My back hurt after the hill workout on the treadmill and I'll watch for that next week. If my back hurts again I will reconsider doing hill workouts outside.

No comments: