Saturday, December 30, 2006

Blizzard #2

Boulder got 14 inches of snow in the latest storm and I missed an easy run on Friday because I was shoveling it. But I ran all three of my hard runs this last week of 2006. I ran a 2 m threshold on Tuesday, 6xhills on Thursday and 2 hours on Saturday. I will switch threshold and hill repeats in 2007. Hills will be on Tuesday since the trash is collected on Thursday and I have to dodge the truck. Besides that, the 5K races at Coot Lake that start in April are held on Tuesday so I might as well start now in doing anaerobic on Tuesday. My plan for next week, the first week of 2007 is: 3.5 m easy, 6xhills on Tue, 2 m threshold on Thu and 2 hour long on Sat. I will follow this plan for six weeks until the USATF cross country championship February 10, 2007. In October I really did not think I would be running thresholds, hill repeats and 2 hour long runs ever again. I tried to run with shoes that were not right for me. Since I got new stability shoes I have been able to increase my training to the point I can run the cross country races in 2007. I love my Nike Equalons for their stability. I don't care about the ipod acceleration sensor because it's way inaccurate but I do like the music.

No comments: