Friday, December 8, 2006

Reflections on Week 10

I ran the two-a-day Thursday with a .5 m tempo hr142 and have decided two tempos a base week is overdoing it. Next Week 11 I'm going to run 3 m twice at an easy pace on Thursday. I am going to increase the long from 8.8 m to 9.7 m. My 2007 racing plan has changed dramatically. I was going to start training for the Moab marathon to be held April 15, 2007 the last week in December 2006. But the Fast Forward Sports training group deal I was anticipating joining turned out to be for the Canyonlands Half marathon March 17, 2007. Besides, the MoabMarathon.com talks about a 20 m race April 15. Then I calculated I could get in 5 weeks of training for the Best Cross Country Race on the Planet in Boulder CO on January 27, 2007. The USATF National Cross Country Championship is two weeks later in Boulder on February 10. I've contemplated running the Ft Collins marathon May 7 but I'm 59 and it's a logistical nightmare to run. The same goes for the Colfax marathon May 20 with the added negative of ugly Colfax Ave. I've decided to race the Bolder Boulder. I will only be racing against other 59 year olds. I get 3 weeks off after the USATF and then start a 12 week training plan that incorporates the six 5K races at Coot Lake every Tuesday. This is a very exciting way to start 2007.

No comments: