Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Training Plan for the Bolder Boulder 10K

I have reached 45 mi/wk starting week #10. The Bolder Boulder 10K is week #21. I will have 12 weeks of training at a base distance of 5 mi. I run 6x.5 intervals on Tue, 3 mi threshold run on Thu and 15 mi long run on Sat. I am doing the hard days on the S Boulder Ck trail North of Arapahoe Av. This gives me a 1.5 mi warm up by running South on 55th, East on Centennial trail, and North on Olde Tale Rd. Cool down is .5 mi West of Olde Tale. The half mile markers are spray painted on the trail and this means adding threshold mileage in 1 mi chunks and adding two intervals. I am planing on maintaining this level for 3 weeks including the Frederick 5K March 17. Then I plan on increasing my number of intervals and length of threshold runs until 12 intervals, 6 mi threshold and Earth Day 5K April 22 are reached. Then I will ramp back down to base levels for the Bolder Boulder. There is the possibility I could increase the base run to 5.5 mi in week #16 but I'll evaluate that after doing 6 weeks of 5 mi.

No comments: