Monday, January 22, 2007

5 days Until the Best XC

Every runner in Boulder was out last Saturday running like crazy. Not only was it a week before the Best XC but the forecast for Sunday was cold and more snow. Storm #5 left 2.8 inches in Boulder. I ran 13 mi on Sat. to the drinking fountain, (it worked!) by Boulder HS. I reasoned I could increase my long run by 10% because I had run 2:00 three times and I was going to take Sunday off. It's Mon and I'm thinking of running hill repeats tomorrow. I know I swore only one anaerobic run per week but I'll have 3 days of easy before the BestXC to recover. And Sarah Slattery said she is going to run a hard workout Tue so I have to do the same. I'm betting my hill will be dry tomorrow morning. I will not run a threshold on Thu. I feel like I have recovered from the long run and I don't think hill repeats tomorrow are going to hurt me. I think they are going to give me a little extra spark for Sat.

No comments: