Sunday, January 7, 2007

Blizzard #3 Complicates Running

Jan 5 Boulder got 11.5 inches of snow. I did manage to stick to my cross country training plan though. My Thu tempo run was a little scary when I encountered ice on the trail. Then my 2 hour long run on Sat was OK when I could run on the plowed Boulder Ck trail. My problem was getting to the trail over hard packed residential streets. When I came back I found one of these streets, Old Tale, had been gone over by a grader. The entire road was a perfectly flat slick ice skating rink. Plus there are no sidewalks. I had to run at the very edge to get any traction. But I did complete week 4 of my 6 week cross country training plan. My plan is not very ambitious nor will it get me to a high level of fitness. But I want to take it easy after a year of being injured. I will be able to run respectable times in the upcoming cross country races and be in great shape to begin training for the Bolder Boulder.

No comments: