Sunday, January 14, 2007

One More Week of XC Training

I finished week 5 of my training for the upcoming XC races despite temperatures of 0-10 deg F. I only missed one easy run but even that was OK because it ended my 2007 streak at 10 days. According to Mike Sandrock, the running columnist for the Boulder Camera newspaper, I should deliberately miss a day early in the year. Presumably, I will not run when I should not just to keep a streak alive. My last week of training is going to only two hard days because I cannot run my hill repeats on Tuesday due to clinical testing at 9 am in Denver. I will do my hill repeats on Wednesday morning and run 2 hours on Saturday. The week after next is my taper week and I'll run threshold runs on Tuesday and Thursday. It's been tough doing the hard workouts in the snow and cold temperatures, but everyone in Colorado is having the same problem. Maybe the XC races will be cold and snowy, just like my training.

No comments: