Sunday, January 28, 2007

Best XC .... Result

I ran the Best XC Race on the Planet yesterday. My time was 36:35 for 4 mi. The weather was snowing with 2-3" on the ground. It was impossible to run without spikes so I tried to make a tempo run out of it. I lost my heart rate in the middle of the second lap because the electrode slipped off my chest.The second lap was very tough because I was being passed by the leaders so I moved off into the chop at the side. I have a sore left ankle and a bruised ego but I still had fun. Increasing my threshold run next Thursday to 2.5 mi will be no problem after yesterday. I'm upping my training stress level by 10% to 80% because the USATF XC championships on Feb 10 are also going to be a tempo run. I want to get to 90% stress level for 5-6 weeks before the Earth Day 5K where I will qualify for my Bolder Boulder wave. 90% is 4mi Easy, 8 hills, 3 mi Threshold, and 15 mi Long.

No comments: